The railway from Masbrough to Derby was opened by the North Midland Company on 11th May, 1840. This line merged with the Midland Counties Railway and the Birmingham and Derby Junction Railway to form the Midland Railway. At the north end the line connected to the Leeds and Bradford Railway.
Treeton Station, 1950
The old stationmaster's house was 8 Station Road at the junction of Arundel Street and Station road, opposite the Station Hotel. Mr Hughes was one of the Station Masters.
Treeton (Midland Railway) station opened on 1st October 1884, on the site of an earlier station, which opened 6th April 1841 but only appeared in the timetable for a short period. It closed on 29 October 1951, although a few special excursion trains may have called later than that.
British Railways Past and Present: South and West Yorkshire by John S. Whiteley, Gavin Morrison. Past & Present Publishing .December 2001
A Regional History of the Railways of Britain: South and West Yorkshire (Regional Railway History Series) by David Joy,Atlantic Transport Publishers. Hardcover - 15 June, 1991
Railway Timetable, 1841
Source:Pigot's Directory, 1841